6 Quick Instagram Hacks; as a business or entrepreneur or even someone trying to grow your following; it’s so important to nail the fundamentals first!
1. Post consistently: consider this paying your dues, if you want to get your content seen you need to be posting regularly! For most accounts this means once per day.
2. Post at your best time: You wouldn’t put a Christmas advert out in January, the same goes for the timing of your content. Post when your audience is online. This can be done through the insights section as a business account. Instagram has a 6 hour half life so post when the blue ridge is highest.
3. Use all the features: Instagram provides you with tons of features and software elements like IGTV, Instagram live, stories. Make sure you’re using all of the tools they provide you with.
4. Content must educate, inspire or entertain: this one is pretty self explanatory but give a reason behind your content. Posting just for the sake of it doesn’t bring any value. Value is key!
5. Create conversations: Instagram is a “social media” platform this means you must be social, reply to comments, leave comments on other people’s profile, use DM, share and repost peoples content.
6. Follow those in your niche: Instagram displays to you content that you like. So in order to get lumped into the same search categories as your competitors you must follow them. Instagram shows you similar account content you already engage with! As you can see in the below image, for an interior designer or architect it would be perfect to be featured in someone’s explore feed like this. Instagram puts similar content together!
If you enjoyed these instagram hacks or if it brings you value or if you’re struggling with anything social media let me know in the comments below!
To read more of my blogs on social media click here To learn about how I work with my clients click here
Why Should I Hire Someone To Help Manage My Social Media Channels? Another question I get asked a lot, where is the benefit in hiring someone to plan and prepare and post all of my social media content; surely I can do this myself?
First we need to understand the job of a social media specialist, what do they do? As with any job a social media specialist is someone who understand the platforms that are available to use and to maximise the return on them; this means that they are constantly studying and learning and updating their thoughts on the algorithms.
Essentially the job of a social media specialist equates to driving traffic and creating higher levels of engagement for your brand/company.
There is of course a tipping point whereby once you have enough followers and engagement, the profile explodes rapidly, driving more traffic to your website and lead to more sales (which is ultimately the point of social media). The role of a social media manager is to get your brand and company to that tipping point.
The second role that a social media manager should be performing is finding, planning and creating content in line with your brand image and objectives. People often grossly underestimate the amount of work thats required to create all this and believe that they can do this themselves, however resulting in poor thought process, random posting and low engagement and stagnation. Most major companies now dedicate an entire job role specifically to this effect however a lot of small to medium sized businesses simply cannot afford to pay someone full time to manage their social channels and engage with that audience.
A good social media manager will not only create maximum exposure on the content produced but will also be able to direct the flow of content creation, ensuring you have the best and most engaging content going out across the various platforms.