6 Quick Instagram Hacks; as a business or entrepreneur or even someone trying to grow your following; it’s so important to nail the fundamentals first!
1. Post consistently: consider this paying your dues, if you want to get your content seen you need to be posting regularly! For most accounts this means once per day.
2. Post at your best time: You wouldn’t put a Christmas advert out in January, the same goes for the timing of your content. Post when your audience is online. This can be done through the insights section as a business account. Instagram has a 6 hour half life so post when the blue ridge is highest.
3. Use all the features: Instagram provides you with tons of features and software elements like IGTV, Instagram live, stories. Make sure you’re using all of the tools they provide you with.
4. Content must educate, inspire or entertain: this one is pretty self explanatory but give a reason behind your content. Posting just for the sake of it doesn’t bring any value. Value is key!
5. Create conversations: Instagram is a “social media” platform this means you must be social, reply to comments, leave comments on other people’s profile, use DM, share and repost peoples content.
6. Follow those in your niche: Instagram displays to you content that you like. So in order to get lumped into the same search categories as your competitors you must follow them. Instagram shows you similar account content you already engage with! As you can see in the below image, for an interior designer or architect it would be perfect to be featured in someone’s explore feed like this. Instagram puts similar content together!
If you enjoyed these instagram hacks or if it brings you value or if you’re struggling with anything social media then you should download my guide on “How To Maximise Your Engagement”
To read more of my blogs on social media click here To learn about how I work with my clients click here
In short your business needs social media; it is the top of the sales funnel, drives traffic to your website and helps generate & convert leads.
Something I hear every day from brands and businesses: “what’s the whole point of social media? I don’t think it’s right for me!” It’s a great question; we can all agree and understand that social media is integral to our everyday, whether we like it or not. It used to be regarded by many as a a generational thing – only the young use it for chatting to each other, surely?! – but with the over 60s now dominating social media growth, that’s no longer the case. Does your business really need to get involved though? The answer is a resounding yes. Let me explain why.
Reason 1: Social Media Is The Top of the Sales Funnel
What does this mean? The traditional sales funnel is all about generating a process system to secure a sale, whether that’s a service or a product. Now, when looking at a sales funnel, traditionally awareness will be at the top, leading on to a deeper interest, followed by specific engagement and lastly, the holy grail, a sale. Each level has its own identity but all uniquely connected. Here’s what it would look like:
I would argue, that a business should actually work to the following funnel in order to acquire new clients and sales instead.
Reason 2: Social Media Drives Traffic To Your Website
Driving large amounts of traffic (people/visitors) to your website is crucial to climbing the google rankings (being on page 1).
Google is still the number one resource people use when searching for a product or business that fulfils their needs. Put simply, the more people come through to your website from social media channels; the higher up the google ranking your website will climb which will lead to more potential clients seeing your work/services.
Reason 3: Helps Generate and Convert Leads
Social media offers an easy and low-commitment way for potential customers to express interest in your business and your products. Lead generation is such an important benefit of social media for business that many social networks offer advertising formats specifically designed to collect leads.
So now you hopefully understand and can see why your business needs to be showcasing your brand on social media and the benefits it can bring to your business.